What causes baby acne?

Maternal Hormones. Baby acne is the result of maternal hormones passed onto your baby during pregnancy. These hormones stimulate the oil glands and cause those red, sometimes white bumps on your baby's cheeks and forehead. Baby acne typically makes its appearance at 3-4 weeks of age. It is very common and unfortunately, cannot be prevented. Take heart though, it will resolve on its own.
Same as regular acne. Hormones -- mommy's hormones in case of baby acne, transmitted through the placenta or breast milk. Normal. Nothing to worry about, or do. Unless they start having baby proms.