When i self-exam my testicles, i feel a slight, sharp pain. This has been going on for a few weeks. It wasn't before. Could this be a serious problem?

Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology

In brief: I'd get checked.

If you are experiencing new pain or tenderness in the testicle, it is worth getting a physician to evaluate it.
What you describe is not typical of the most worrisome testicular problems (testicular torsion or cancer), but a history and physical exam by a doctor can help determine if you need further testing with a scrotal ultrasound. Self exams can cause some discomfort.

In brief: I'd get checked.

Dr. Simon Kimm
Dr. Simon Kimm
Dr. Vikram Patel