I have a newly diagnosed diabetic child. What do I need to tell the school?

In brief: Talk with school

Although the idea may be fresh & a bit overwhelming, you can be sure the school will want to here from you.
Children with special health needs fall into the category of ohi (other health impaired) & school needs input from you, your physician and or others. They will want to assure that accomidations are made for related absences, scheduling needs, etc.

In brief: Talk with school

Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Ask to meet with

School nurse tell them everything your md told you to do for your child- they have to comply they often deal with this , so don't worry.

In brief: Ask to meet with

Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey