How common is amalgam mercury poisoning?

None, it is safe. And durable dental material. Most research finds no relationship between fillings and symptoms of mercury poisoning or other side effects. Eventually, any cavity if not treated, can lead to pain, infection, root canal and even tooth loss. See your dentist for evaluation, x-rays and treatment.
Unknown - hardly any. There is much misinformation about the dangers of mercury poisoning from dental amalgam. While it may not be possible to settle the "amalgam wars" with certainty, just know that the material has been used safely for over 100 years. Almost every "attack" on its safety relies on anecdote and pseudoscience. While I no longer use the material, you should not be fearful of it.
Rare. There is no good scientific studies connecting mercury in amalgam (silver) fillings to poisoning or neurlogical disorders. Unless you have a allergy to the mercury, these filling are safe. The ada, fda and cdc consider them safe.