What are the symptoms of pink eye? Are they similar to symptoms of a blocked tear duct?

Different. Pink eye, or conjunctivitis symptoms are goopy, often yellowish discharge , often with the lids being stuck together in the morning. Blocked tear duct (lacrimal obstruction) symptoms include tears overflowing on the cheek (epiphora) usually without dischage.
Different! A blocked tear duct (without infection of the duct) causes chronic tearing and tears running down the face! pink eye is generally with runny eyes, redness, discharge, and most often some pain!