I am almost 30 years old and i still have most of my baby teeth. Is this normal?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Unusual

The patient who holds the record in my office was missing 20 of 32 permanent teeth.
You might want to be examined by an orthodontist who can evaluate whether you need tooth movement to create the best platform on which to do tooth replacement.

In brief: Unusual

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Genetic Disorder

The diagnosis of anodontia may be confirmed by means of panoramic X-ray.
The good news are that Implants are a good long-term solution to replacing baby teeth.

In brief: Genetic Disorder

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Ronald Hsu
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: ??

Your profile says you are 49 years from Staten Island, NY but you said you are almost 30? Something isn't adding up.
But to your question, if you have "most" of your baby teeth, as in more than 10 out of the typical 20 baby teeth, then it is unusual and maybe associated with certain genetic conditions. Please consult a dentist.

In brief: ??

Dr. Ronald Hsu
Dr. Ronald Hsu
Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry

In brief: Really?

It is atypical for that to be the case.
I have seen patients with one or two "baby teeth" that have been retained because the adult teeth did not form to replace them, but i'm not personally aware of individuals with "most" of their baby teeth at 30.

In brief: Really?

It is atypical for that to be the case.
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. John Comisi
Dr. Sean Drower
Dentistry

In brief: Other health issues?

Occasionally, people have one or two baby (deciduous) teeth retained into adulthood.
Some syndromes are associated with retained baby teeth - down's syndrome, hyperimmunoglobulin e syndrome (hyper-ige)- but i think you'd know if you have these conditions.

In brief: Other health issues?

Dr. Sean Drower
Dr. Sean Drower
Dr. Shontae Buffington