Is it a good idea to use lemon juice on my acne scar?

Pathology

In brief: Cruel hoax

I'm very sorry your acne was neglected and you ended up with scars in the first place.
It's a shame that someone has now urged you to do something that won't help at all and just make you more unhappy. A dermatologist or plastic surgeon has special equipment that can help. Several hollywood male leads kept their scars for the tough-guy look.

In brief: Cruel hoax

Dr. Jaron Mcmullin
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Likely won't help

Find a local plastic surgeon or dermatologist to consult with you personally.
Use of any or all of multiple techiques may help: 1) tumescent anesthesia (to numb the skin) and subcision (a process of undermining and loosening adhesions beneath the scars using a micro dissector), 2) tca chemical peels, 3) horizontal resurfacing to remove scar ridges, and 4) ablative fractional laser treatments.

In brief: Likely won't help

Dr. Jaron Mcmullin
Dr. Jaron Mcmullin
Dr. David Sire
Dermatology

In brief: Not helpful for scar

Lemon juice might cause some lightening of the skin color, but signifigant imporvent of scarring is unlikely.

In brief: Not helpful for scar

Dr. David Sire
Dr. David Sire