What are some breast lift scar treatments available?

Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Several

My personal favorite approach, and the one I use most often is the "lollipop" incision.
That is, around the areola and vertically. I rarely, if ever add the horizontal "anchor" portion of the scar, and sometimes do away with the vertical portion as well. Most of the work in a breast lift is done to the breast tissue and not the skin and the skin should not be overly scarred. It's not necessary.

In brief: Several

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many

There are many different ways to “handle” breast lift scar management.
Many plastic surgeons will use surgical tape to apply pressure to incision lines. Massage of symptomatic scars may be help. Also, the use of silicone based products ( such as gel or sheeting) a found to be helpful. Sometimes, however, despite best efforts, poor scarring does occur in scar revision surgery may become necessary.

In brief: Many

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Improve not remove

A be scars can be improved with wound care, exfoliation, dermabrasion, peels, laser, grafting, fat transfer, camouflage make-up, surgery and more.
However they generally cannot be removed. Discuss the best type of mastopexy scars prior to surgery and methods to minimize these. Limiting the size of any associated implant may help. After surgery, i commonly advise paper tape for 4 mos + silicone gel.

In brief: Improve not remove

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: SkinMedica

One new product that has just come out is "scar recovery" from skinmedica.
We have found good early results with it's use so we now include it with our cosmetic surgeries for our patients.

In brief: SkinMedica

Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Scar tretaments

Several options are available for scar reduction: silicone gel silicone sheeting mederma kelo-cote scar massage tape a study in the journal of plastic and reconstructive surgery several years ago compared these and found that although none showed statistical significance for scar reduction, the one that had the best overall response was silicone sheeting.
That is what I use in my practice.

In brief: Scar tretaments

That is what I use in my practice.
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham