Can asthmatic bronchitis be passed on to children from someone else?

No. Asthma is not communicable but for patients with viral triggers, the cold setting off their asthma is contagious. To help protect against this asthmatics should get an annual flu vaccine (killed injectable only, not the live intranasal vaccine).
Genetics. Noses run in families. Asthma, eczema & allergic rhinitis are all related conditions. One parent may have asthma; the other may have allergic rhinitis. Both are risk factors for asthma in their children.