How do I keep bees away from my yard, with a child that's allergic?

In brief: Entomologist
Bees generally don't bother people, unless they are disturbed.
Avoid landscaping that will attract them, don't leave sweet foods and beverages unattended, and teach your child not to swat at them, but to simply walk away if they see bees. Check with your state entomologist for additonal suggestions.

In brief: Entomologist
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Bee allergy
This is difficult as bees are actively searching for nectar from flowers all day long.
Try to avoid planting flowering plants in your yard as these attract the bees. If the child is allergic to bees then you should talk to your pediatrician about seeing an allergist that can help protect the child.

In brief: Bee allergy
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Shontae Buffington