Is it true that 3 squirts of hand sanitizer can kill a child?

In brief: Ingested toxin

The hs in my office are gell forms of ethyl alcohol with a variety of additives that make them un palatable.
If injested , this product could lower blood sugar in an infant but would not likely do much else. If the particular sanitizer were a form of wood alcohol (methanol) ingestion of small amounts could be deadly. Surface application of these products is benign but does dry the skin over time.

In brief: Ingested toxin

Dr. Michael Blum

In brief: Clean Hands

Applying hand sanitizer to the hands should not hurt a child.
Be careful not to ingest the material. Teaching kids to keep their hands clean in important. The other trick is that to use small amounts, since the children always want more.

In brief: Clean Hands

Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Michael Blum