Can my children catch diabetes from her school friends party?

Brittany Chan
In brief: No.
No. Diabetes is not an infectious or contagious illness.
There are two main types of diabetes mellitus: type 1 and type 2. In type 1, the body's immune system attacks & damages its own cells in the pancreas that make a hormone called insulin, which controls blood sugar. Type 2 is a disorder of Insulin resistance & has a high genetic predisposition. Neither is spread directly from person to person.

In brief: No.
Brittany Chan
Brittany Chan
Answer assisted by Brittany Chan, Medical Student
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Absolutely NOT
Diabetes is not a contagious disease.
Thank you for asking this question because some people do have this misconception and you've given me an opportunity to dispel that myth.

In brief: Absolutely NOT
Diabetes is not a contagious disease.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
In brief: No
Definitely not.

In brief: No
Definitely not.
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Jonathan Jassey