Does having braces effect wisdom teeth coming through?

Possibly. The only time it would make the likelihood of having your wisdom teeth erupt without a problem, when otherwise it would be problematic, is if the teeth were moved forward for normal orthodontic reasons, allowing more room posteriorly for the wisdom teeth. Even then, the wisdom teeth would need enough room to erupt and in a normal straight alignment.
It can. If moving the immediate neighbor tooth in a certain way, it can have a positive or negative effect depending on the creation of more room or reducing room, i.e. Extraction orthodontics may allow just enough space to allow third molars to "come in".