Sore lump on tongue?

Dentist. Any abnormality in your mouth that persists longer that 2 weeks should be examined by a dentist.
Suspect cancer. See your dentist first, he may then see you again for possible referral to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, if problem persists.
Possibilities- The lump could be an abrasion or contusion from hard food or accidentally bite, infection, or growth. These are just a few of the more common causes although there are many other possibilities. The lump and the soreness may or may not be related. You need to see your dentist for a personal clinical examination in order to accurately diagnose the situation.
Tongue lesion. It is impossible to diagnose without an exam. It may be the result of trauma or something more serious. I would see an oral surgeon soon for an evaluation.
It could be. It could be nothing but... It should be evaluated by your dentist or oral surgeon.