As an infant, i ate a huge amount of beets. Pooped during my nap and my mom swears the poop stained my butt cheek. 28 yrs later, still there. Why?

In brief: Doubt it caused this

If you have an odd coloration of your skin in this area it would be reasonable to consult with a dermatologist to determine the cause.
Beets is not a common part of an infant diet in this region, but I have practiced in various parts of the world & never heard of this happening in three decades. I am aware of several skin issues that could produce localized color variations in this location.

In brief: Doubt it caused this

Dr. Shontae Buffington