I am an asthmatic and I have a productive cough for 3 days already. What's the best OTC cough med for me? Are mucolytics not good for asthmatics?

Dr. Marc Hirsch

In brief: Fine

Mucolytics are okay, but the question is, how much are you using your inhalers and does the cough represent out of control constriction of your breathing passages? 3 days is enough.
Get checked. Waiting too long to figure out what is happening can be dangerous, if you know what i mean. Very dangerous. Just have it checked out. Your medication may need to be adjusted. All the best.

In brief: Fine

Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Dr. Jonathan Jassey