I have 2 kids one has a major heart defect and has aspergers syndrome. My other was born 100% healthy.What are my odds of having another healthy baby?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: It Depends

There may be more factors to consider before arriving at reasonably predictable odds.
I suggest, you seek out a medical geneticist for your best answer. There are dna tests needed along with a precise history from both sides of the family; then the odds can be calculated. It would, in my opinion, be unethical to give you the answer you want without having much more data. Good luck.

In brief: It Depends

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: To find out specific

Genetic risks for each condition, your pediatrician can order blood tests called comparative genomic hybridization.
30-40% of children with congenitalheart disease have an associated genetic disorder. Since autistic disorder is multifactorial, i.e., from many causes, it's harder to know the risk, but the cgh shows what's called a "copy repeat error" in a small segment of dna in about 15% of kids.

In brief: To find out specific

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine