Does anyone have a child that has to wear an eye patch?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: My daughter
My first child was born with strabismus due to abnormal development of some of the muscles in her eyes.
She was treated with patching therapy for a number of months starting around 3 months & again around 18 months. She tolerated it fine & as she got older, wore the patch in daycare without any problems from the other kids! we bought patches with cute designs & the other kids thought it was cool!

In brief: My daughter
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Arthur Heller
Common problem. Worth the trouble of wearing a patch to avoid surgery and maintain vision
Dr. Joseph Roosth
In brief: Me
Well, i hope someone else answers, since now i'm 51.
But from age 1 month to about 13 i wore one due to a lazy eye. As a kid i learned the phrase, "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me, " and i still stick to that, but i endured a lot of "bullying." my parents and siblings were the greatest of help.

In brief: Me
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Shontae Buffington