Can a child with peanut allergies eat white chocolate?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

Baker's semi-sweet by kraft is peanut-free.
I have patients tell me that trader joe's sells one as well. To make sure, i would call the manufacturer to verify and of course, always read the labels.

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Javier Chinen
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: Caution w/ chocolate

Although not formally proven, in my experience children with allergies that manifest with skin symptoms might have increased itching with eating spices (ie pepper, chili), citrus (ie orange), tomato/strawberry, and chocolate.
This is not due to true allergy though.

In brief: Caution w/ chocolate

This is not due to true allergy though.
Dr. Javier Chinen
Dr. Javier Chinen

In brief: Maybe/maybe not

Once a kid has demonstrated food allergies to one product they are more likely to have allergies or intolerance to others.
They may not react in the same way, as nut allergies can be dramatic and life threatening. The only way to feel comfortable about some of these foods is to run blood or skin tests. Most kids would probably have no problems, but some would.

In brief: Maybe/maybe not

Dr. Cindy Juster