I work night-shift as a nurse and feel like I have gained weightdue to my bodies un natural internal clock. How can I lose the weight and keep it off?

Dr. Alan Cohen

In brief: Weight

Shift work is hard on the body and mind.
A number of hormone cycles are potentially disrupted by sleep/ wake cycle changes. Weight is still mostly affected by calories in vs. Cal. Burned. Keep a food diary to track your intake. Reduce carbs, more veggies, proteins. Find a good exercise routine , avoid snacks at work. Get full 8 hrs sleep.Consider a personal trainer to help. Hot yoga may help

In brief: Weight

Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
I agree with everything except hot yoga. The regularyoga should be okay. Hot yoga ,with my personal experience , is weight loss induced by creation of high temperature environment artificially leading to dehydration of tissues with the resultant wt. loss, but such high temperatures , in a suffocating hot environment is not good in the long run when you practice as it may decrease the sensitivity of nerve ending of skin and internal linings of delicate areas like nose..
Dr. Marsha Davis