What kind of doctor is best to start with for infertility? I've asked my pcp, but she doesn't have a good referral. I have been diagnosed with pcos.

Varies. Most pcp's can either start a work-up or refer you. Any ob/gyn can begin an infertility evaluation and in many cases treat the problems that are discovered.
Get a new PCP. A pcp should be able to make a referral or have their staff get on the phone / internet and figure it out. This is not your responsibility.