Can burping all day almost every 1 hr to 2 hrs for a day will it damage my esophagus?Can I have cancer bec.Of that?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Sounds like

Hyperacidity.
You may want to be checked, but consider taking otc ranitidine while you are waiting, 150 mg, twice daily. Reflux may be a cause of barrett's esophagus and a risk of esophageal cancer.

In brief: Sounds like

Hyperacidity.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: No, but why?

No, it will not damage the esophagus and it will not cause cancer.
However, it is not normal to burp every hour and it must be extremelly uncomfortable for you. Bring this up to your pmd and perhaps you need to get some evaluation to your upper gastrointestinal tract and some diet modification- avoid food that would cause a lot of burping to you like spicy food, soda, fatty food, etc.

In brief: No, but why?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Marsha Davis