Please describe the medicine a child can take for autism?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No Cure
If you mean to cure, no.
To alleviate symptoms, sometimes yes. For example there are medications to help insomnia. Also aggressive behavior. Check with your pediatrician for help.

In brief: No Cure
If you mean to cure, no.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Many options
Meds are best thought of as helping people, not conditions.
So yes, meds can help people w/ autism. It depends on what the person's biggest challenges are. Meds can help w/ irritability, anger, sleep, attention & perhaps most significantly with anxiety. There are many rxs I have used successfully in my autistic patients-incl. Ssri's, anxiolytics, atypicals, anti-add's & now oxytocin. See expert md.

In brief: Many options
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Depends
Every child with autism responds differently to medications.
Your doctor is the best guide to what will help your child's autism. The common medications used in autism are risperdal, fluoxetine, and but this is highly variable and dependent on the child's problems.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: No specific meds
There are not specific medications for autism.
Treatment is aimed at symptoms. Since a common problem is anxiety, the use of antianxiety medications is common.

In brief: No specific meds
Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
In brief: Autism
There is no specific medication for autism.
Sometimes we try mood stabilizer to help the child with temper outburst.

In brief: Autism
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Eric Weisman