I am using vagifem twice a week to build up skin damaged by longstanding lichen sclerosis. Is hormone replacement therapy different than vagifem?

More comprehensive. Vagifem twice a week is a gold standard, but depending on your age & whether or not you have had female surgery removing one or both of your ovaries, you should consider bhrt, ie, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, from a compounding pharmacy, on rx from your doctor. Beware of the former "gold standards" like premarin, (conjugated estrogens) provera, etc. Look into suzanne somers books, & a total cure.