How do I keep mosquitoes off of my child?

In brief: Some ideas

There are many products on the market that can be used to kill mosquitoes to include Natural Attractant Mosquito Traps, Zappers and Flying insect traps.
Different models have varying degrees of sophistication. Some use ultraviolet light to lure & then trap them. Others can generate heat and carbon dioxide to attract mosquitoes. They eventually become dehydrated and die.

In brief: Some ideas

Mosquito safety- use bed netting when sleeping. Spray the walls of the home with insecticide. Stay inside or wear long pants & long sleeved shirts from dusk to dawn. Use Permethrin spray on clothing and mosquito netting. Deet agents can be used on skin. Aloe Vera & Basil are natural deterrents.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Natural repellants &

Drs. Fowler and Pizzo offer good advice re: minimizing mosquitos in your environment.
Mosquitos are most active at dusk so minimizing time outdoors at dusk may help, as well as wearing long sleeves and pants to minimize exposed skin.Natural mosquito repellants can be as effective as toxic DEET. Taking Vitamin B1 may help too. See http://tinyurl.com/oo7k4sj and http://tinyurl.com/jkyslb9 for more.

In brief: Natural repellants &

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Mosquito

This can be a major problem as many illnesses are mosquito borne.
Try to keep your child away from mosquito areas. They breed in still water in the yard or neighborhood areas. Use screens on your windows. If necessary for your situation use mosquito netting. Careful of using too much repellant as frequent use can be toxic, mosquitos are attracted to co2 and you can buy mosquito killer device.

In brief: Mosquito

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Jayshree Chander
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Less toxic products

I agree with much of the advice of the other doctors.
Bed netting; long pants & long sleeved shirts from dusk to dawn. I suggest avoiding insect repellents that contain DEET or permethrin on the skin. Instead you can mix a few drops of lemon eucalyptus oil and/or citronella oil in a base of aloe vera gel and rub on the skin every few hours. Products containing each oil are available on the market

In brief: Less toxic products

Dr. Jayshree Chander
Dr. Jayshree Chander