Are schizophrenic reactions the same thing as schizophrenia?

Psychotic rxn. Are you referring to a psychotic reaction (or brief reactive psychosis). It is usually a brief period with loss of touch with reality whereas schizoprhenia is a life-long illness.
Schizophrenia. No, they are different, though one may lead to , or be associated with the other. The schiz. Reaction is a way to describe psychotic behaviors that are seen in schizophrenia, they may occur in other conditions, like manic psychosis, delirium, drug-induced psychosis, and some additional illnesses.