Is it ok not to stick to an immunization schedule?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: NO !!
Not the best idea.
These schedules are based upon extensive research regarding safety and efficacy.Greatly varying the schedule has been shown in studies to lead to increases in the occurance of the diseases the shots are trying to prevent.Go with the tried and true.

In brief: NO !!
Not the best idea.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
The suggested schedule for vaccines has been tested for safety & effectiveness and tolerated well by patients.
If baby is found to have a significant illness at a well visit, all may be delayed while the baby recovers. I consider the one/wk suggestion by some(based no research) as child abuse. Discuss all concerns with your dr. Consider the outbreaks now occuring because some follow this plan.

In brief: No
In brief: No
Many studies have been done to assure the safety and best timing of the vaccination schedule.
Baby bodies can handle 10, 000 vaccines at a time! we pediatricians vaccinate our own children on this schedule. If you have concerns, however, talk with your doctor about which vaccinations are highest priority. We would rather your baby be vaccinated late than never!

In brief: No
Dr. Victoria Acharya
Dr. Victoria Acharya
Dr. Cory Annis
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
But only sometimes.
There are legitimate reasons to postpone shots, but they are really few. Do I have patients in my practice who delay vaccines on purpose? Yes. Do i recommend it? Never. Do I have an intelligent discussion with my patients about vaccines? Always. Do most of my patients wind up fully vaccinated in the end? Yes. Do they trust my advice once they feel they've been heard? You betcha.

But only sometimes.
Dr. Cory Annis
Dr. Cory Annis
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
In brief: No
One of the most important things you can do as a parent is to fully immunize your child.
Few medical interventions in history have had a greater impact on public health than vaccinations. The immunizations have proven to not only be effective, but also to be safe. For more reliable information on immunizations, check out: http://www.Aap.Org/immunization/ http://www.Chop.Edu/service/vaccine-education-center/home.Html.

In brief: No
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
In brief: No
Altered vaccine schedules have been in the press a lot over the years, and all the talk is based on non-scientific data.
The risk of not immunizing far outweighs the risk of the vaccines. Kids die from these diseases. They are most at risk the first 2 years of life, so the people supporting waiting until they are older just don't know their facts. Protect your child and vaccinate!

In brief: No
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: No
Vaccines prevent deadly disease.
Why would you want to take a chance with your baby's life?

In brief: No
Vaccines prevent deadly disease.
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
In brief: No
Try to stick with the official, recommended vaccination schedule, because that schedule has been shown to be effective in preventing the diseases.

In brief: No
Dr. Shontae Buffington