Could you tell me if someone with active cold sore kisses a baby will that baby get herpes or cold sores in the future?

Dr. Sari Nabulsi
In brief: Cold sore
Active herpes lesions are highly contagious to anyone, especially babies.
You must avoid kissing the baby for sure.

In brief: Cold sore
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Paul Cohen
Always practice 'universal precautions', hand hygiene, etc. however, i agree with my colleague...you should avoid babies; children, pregnant women, and so on if you have active lesions!!!
In brief: Sometimes yes
Cold sores on or near the lips are due to recurrence of herpes simplex.
Herpes types 1 and 2, after the first infection, live in a person's nerves and travel down the nerves the to surface to form blisters that break open, spreading viruses. People with cold sores should avoid kissing young babies because babies can get severely ill from herpes. Older babies & toddlers can better tolerate herpes.

In brief: Sometimes yes
Dr. Jane Van Dis