My 6 month old baby has eczema, he scratches real bad. What can I do to stop or decrease the itches?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Consider allergy

Eczema in infants is often associated with food allergy.
Finding out what foods to avoid by allergy testing may help to eliminate or dramatically improve the rash and itch.

In brief: Consider allergy

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Hydration

Soak in water, use less soap, barely dry and slather in petrolatum base product on a daily basis.
There may be some help with presctiption medicaitons. Keep gloves or mittens on the avoid too much scratching. Humidify the room carefully to increase the ambiet moisture in the air. Topical otc anti-itch creams may help. If worse, see your pcp, dermatologist or other health care provider.

In brief: Hydration

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Jonathan Jassey