What can I do if my baby is deathly allergic to cashews and pistachios, does this mean he is allergic to mangos?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: From Allergy Advisor

One would expect an extensive cross-reactivity among the different individual species of the genus (e.
g., mango, cashew and pistachio nut), but this, in fact, does not occur frequently(27). Cross-reactivity has been found among pistachio nut, cashew nut, and mango seed, but this cross-reactivity did not extend to mango pulp.

In brief: From Allergy Advisor

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani

In brief: Not necessarily

Mango fruit and nuts are different.
It is not automatic that your child will be allergic to mangos. However mango fruit can cause allergic reaction.

In brief: Not necessarily

Mango fruit and nuts are different.
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Jonathan Jassey