My left eye is tearing up a lot but not my right eye. What could be wrong?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Tearing

Tearing can be due to many causes such as dry eye, blepharitis, rosacea, allergies, and any other cause of eye irritation.
Since it is unilateral, you need to have your tear drainage system evalated by an eye doctor. In the meantime, try artificial tears, warm compresses, and ointment at night.

In brief: Tearing

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: Several things

You describe symptoms that can only be honestly assessed by your doctor in his or her office.
Only after a thorough evauation will he/she be able to come up with what's wrong and what to do to get you better.

In brief: Several things

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Steven Seres