Can braces change the profile of your face?

Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: YES!

Orthodontics not only provides straight teeth but can also produce profound facial profile changes.
A correct diagnosis and plan of treatment by a gifted clinician will allow for the best of both worlds: a beautiful smile and the best profile allowable, within genetic limits. If conventional braces cannot do this themselves, corrective jaw surgery can be added to the overall plan.

In brief: YES!

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: To a degree

Orthodontic specialists are quite attuned to facial profile esthetics.
We intend to provide improvements with orthodontics.

In brief: To a degree

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Depending upon the results of your examination.
We strive for a full face result in my practice. Removal of teeth will affect profile either positively or negatively depending upon your initial look. Non-extraction therapy is tailored to a fuller lip profile result, typically. I remove teeth in profiles that are too full: lips stick out past the nose. Otherwise we dont remove many teeth.

Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Aaron Milstone