Can feeding solids to early to a baby cause them to become diabetic?

In brief: Not likely

I can't put together early infant solids with diabetes of any form. It is practice that grew out of an era where boiled cow milk formula was routein, and supplemental feedings were helpful to make up for nutrients not found in cow milk.
Todays move back to breast milk or formula based on bm eliminates the need for early solids. Some suggest a link with early feeding with obesity & dm2.Not dm1.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Louis Krenn

In brief: Possibly

Recent research has indicated a link between feeding babies solid food prior to age 6 months and increased risk of developing diabetes.
However, the calorie needs of the infant should always be considered more important than this possible link.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Cindy Juster