How should I know if I passed on the herpes virus to my baby?

In brief: Baby is watched
A woman with a history of genital herpes, even without fresh sores on her genitals, can transmit herpes virus to her baby during delivery.
Such an at-risk baby is carefully examined, so that anti-viral medications can be started if the baby shows signs of herpes infection (rashes or sickly behavior). If the baby looks fine in his first month, then he probably did not catch mom's genital herpes.

In brief: Baby is watched
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
In brief: Herpes genitalis
If you are pregnant and have active herpes infection, it can be passed to your baby easily.
Ob commonly treat during pregnancy and commonly advise to perform cessation section.

In brief: Herpes genitalis
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Shontae Buffington