My 4 yo son has had fever and sore throat for 3 days, now he has stomach pain and nausea, should he be seen or wait it out?

See a doctor. Children illnesses could be very tricky they will not look sick until it is too late and the disease advanced take him to see a doctor you will get assurance or will be treated properly and avoid complication so please take him to see a doctor.
Viral syndrome. It depends on how ill he is overall. In general, you want to see if can get better with good symptomatic control using acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain and fever, lots of fluids and rest. But, if he is not eating, is getting dehydrated, and isn't looking good, then go to pediatrician. Err on the side of caution and see the pediatrician if you are uncertain.