What is the best treatment for osteomyelitis which origin is a bacterial infection in the upper leg (bacteroides)?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

Treatment for osteomyelitis is well documented, we start patient on special antibiotic and before that we take a sample and send to the lab to find what the best antibiotic we should use for microbe.

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michael Ein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See below

Bacteroides sp. Would be a very unusual cause of osteomyelitis of the femur unless it is part of a poly microbial infection.
The treatment of osteomyelitis involves prolonged intravenous then oral antibiotics often combined with surgical debridement of infected revitalized bone. Bacteroides sp is treated with flagyl, ertapenem, unassuming and others.

In brief: See below

Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham