How can I tell if my baby is allergic to cats?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Symptoms

Look for symptoms when your baby is in close proximity to your cat.
This would include nasal symptoms, rash or itchy skin and possibly coughing or difficulty breathing.

In brief: Symptoms

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Michael Zacharisen

In brief: Symptoms and test

Cat allergy usually causes symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose and cough.
It can also cause itchy, watery eyes or even asthma symptoms. If symptoms worsen on close exposure and improve away from the cat, this is suggestive of cat allergy. If still not sure, an allergy skin or blood test can assist in confirming or ruling out cat allergy.

In brief: Symptoms and test

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen