I have had a real bad cough and cold my ears have been clogged for about a week today my right ear popped and really hurt at the time is it just clear?

Dr. Edward Rhee
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Probably

What you are describing is eustachian tube (et) dysfunction.
There may have also been an associated buildup of fluid - serous otitis media. This is likely the result of swelling in the back of the nose where the ets drain which occurs commonly in the context of an upper respiratory infection. If you have any persistent symptoms - hearing loss, pain, tinnitus (noise in the ear), you should be ok.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Edward Rhee
Dr. Edward Rhee
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology