Should I allow my sixteen year old son to wear contacts?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends on him

Is your son responsible and able to follow the directions for their use? If so, he may be fine wearing them. Children as young as infants have been able to wear contacts.
The key is removing them and cleaning them appropriately. Abusing contact lenses by not cleaning them or overwearing them can lead to intolerance and even infections. Be a good judge of his abilities and ask his eye doctor.

In brief: Depends on him

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: Know your child

It really depends on the maturity level of the child.
Improper lens care, poor hygiene, and overwear can lead to permanent vision loss. I would only allow under very close supervision and would not allow extended wear (sleeping in lenses).

In brief: Know your child

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Cindy Juster