I have been diagnosed with chronic depression but I suspect I have bipolar disorder. I'm irritable easily, I change moods and have nighmares daily.?

Seek consultation. No diagnosis can be made without careful review of his history and examination. Certainly mood changes and irritability can be related to bipolar, but irritability is also a primary symptom of depression. Nightmares or vivid dreams can be related to medications or anxiety. If current treatment is not working formal psychological testing/consultation can help with differential diagnosis.
See a psychiatrist. Depression is a condition associated with both major depression and bipolar disorder however the treatment can be different. The presence of mania or hpomania confirms the diagnosis of the latter and needs to be treated accordingly.