5yr post dcm ef was 9%. Still on meds and over a year ago ef was 40 but dropped from 50. Edema+chest tightnings+hard breathing at night. Causes?

Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Cardiologists please

I am guessing you are referring to a cardiomyopathy with a very low ejection fraction of 9%.
Ef (percentage of blood that's squeezed out with each beat is normally over 50%). Edema, chest tightening, and difficulty breathing at night can all be symptoms of congestive heart failure. Time to see the cardiologist for an assessment: perhaps an echocardiogram or blood test called the bnp. Good luck.

In brief: Cardiologists please

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology