I need a bc pill that causes less water retention, is low androgenic and is also a monophasic. Is ortho cept a good choice for me? On orthocyclen (ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate).

Likely fine. As long as you are not a smoker, just about any pill should be ok for you. But, you have to simply try the new one. Unfortunately there is no way to predict which pill you will do better with than others. Ask your obgyn for samples (orthocept (ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel) and cyclen aren't sampled to our offices anymore) good luck.