What are some tips for flying with my baby?

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum

In brief: Relax

Not stressing the flight is probably the best tip.
Most of the time, the flight is uneventful and the infant does wonderfully. Sometimes infants do experience pain with take offs and landings as pressure in the middle ear changes. Having your infant sucking on something (nursing, bottle feeding or using a nipple) during take off and landings often alleviates the pain. Enjoy your flight!

In brief: Relax

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum

In brief: Direcct flight

From my navy hospital overseas, i routeinly discharged newborns that flew back to the states for their first few months.
They traveled better than todlers. Moms often told me the most direct flight they could get worked the best. Babies often cried most during landings. Remember to tell strangers"baby is trying to nap" that is a pleasent way to keep them away. Always arrange for a car seat.

In brief: Direcct flight