Why does my tongue itch a lot? Nothing seems to cure it.

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Tongue itch

Itching is a frequent symptom of allergies.
Sometimes fresh fruits or vegetables can trigger an allergic reaction that includes itchy tongue, roof of mouth and throat. This is a cross reactive protein between pollens and the fresh food. An allergist can help you try to identify the trigger of the itching through skin or blood tests. Finding the cause is preferred over covering up the symptoms.

In brief: Tongue itch

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Denny Cho
Dentistry

In brief: Oral Hygiene

I'm wondering what types of toothpastes and rinses are you using.
Hopefully, not peroxide or bleach. I have had patients reporting this and found that they were rinsing with bleach and water? Maybe adjust your hygiene product to see if that helps.

In brief: Oral Hygiene

Dr. Denny Cho
Dr. Denny Cho
Dr. Arnon Rubin