Dear doctori had protected sex (by condom) with a sex-worker woman, 20 days ago. I don't know any thing about her health. I am worried about hiv. Is it possible that i might have contractedit?

Dr. Lisa Oldson

In brief: Get tested for STDs

Most people w/ a new HIV infection will test positive by approx 25 days post exposure.
Although u should get tested sometime around a month post exposure, it's also recommended that u get tested again 12 weeks after the exposure. Be sure to get comprehensive std testing along w/ HIV testing. See sexualhealth.Com or go to a local std clinic or primary care doc. Use condoms and avoid sex workers.

In brief: Get tested for STDs

Dr. Lisa Oldson
Dr. Lisa Oldson
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: HIV risk

Protected sex using a condom reduces but does not eliminate your risk of hiv.
You can get a rapid test now and then in a few months confirm the results with a blood test.

In brief: HIV risk

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh

In brief: See below

Having sex with a sex worker is a high risk behavior for developing sexually transmitted infection, HIV and otherwise.
Using condoms properly and consistently certainly diminishes the risk, but nothing is 100% (aside from not doing it in the first place). I wold recommend that you see a doctor to get tested if you areworried about it.

In brief: See below

Dr. John Tillett
Dr. John Tillett
Dr. Adam Levy