My boyfriend has been having this aching knife like chest pain (but not too severe) which is located in the middle of my chest between the pectoralis?

See your physician. Unfortunately chest pain symptoms cannot be explained without an in-person evaluation by a physician. If it is worrisome enough, either go to your primary care physician or the er.