How can you expect life to bevfor a person with cystic fibrosis after a lung transplant?

Varies. Not everyone has a similar experience post lung transplant. In general, respiratory symptoms and breathing, overall improve, and people are able to do activities they were not able to do before as easily. Not all respiratory symptoms go away. Various medications are required and close follow up is mandatory. Survival after lung transplantation is ~ 50% at 5 years.
Varies. Depending on how good the match was, the quality of the donated lungs, the fit between the lungs and the patient, and their tolerance for and compliance with the transplant drug regimen, life can be very good or very short. Additionally, some luck is needed - avoiding chronic infections with aspirgillus, cmv, etc is always an issue with transplantation, and it may be more difficult in cf.