What are the odds of a nineteen year old having breast cancer?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: < 1 in a million

The incidence of breast cancer in teenage women was recently reported as 0.
08 cases per 100, 000 people, so the odds are very, very low. Regardless, any new breast lump should be followed by a physician evaluation.

In brief: < 1 in a million

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Rare

It would be exceedingly rare.

In brief: Rare

It would be exceedingly rare.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: VERY Low, but

It is possible, thus, a lump that persists, visualized by ultrasound, perhaps a mri, would have to biopsied to truly be determined that it was benign and not cancerous.
You can't determine cancer definitively by any other test than expert pathologic diagnostic tests-- biopsy the suspect area. I know that both patients and physicians don't want to do "needless" biopsies that are benign. But........

In brief: VERY Low, but

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery