I have been stuffy, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes runny nose and sore thrat all day. I have taken nyquil. Now I am having sharp chest pain. Why?

Couple possibilities. Sharp chest pain can be a symptom of asthma especially since the other symptoms of runny nose and watery eyes suggest allergies. Asthma and allergies frequently co-occur. Chest pain could be from strained muscles in the chest wall from severe coughing. Less likely possibilities include pneumonia or an air leak from the lungs called pneumothorax or pneumomediastinum. A chest x-ray would help.