Can herpes or any other STD spread by sharing a pipe? I smoked a bowl of weed with a kid and found out after he had herpes. Should i be concerned?

Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Swapping saliva?

Any activity that can involve the exchange of saliva can potentially spread an std.
Conditions have to be "right, " though. For example, the one person would have to have a lesion which is shedding the herpes virus, and the other person would have to have a portal of entry for the virus. I'm guessing your risk here is low, but couldn't say with certainty. Good luck.

In brief: Swapping saliva?

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Tony Ho
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

Herpes can be spread by sharing a pipe, especially if the surface wasn't cleaned between exposures.

Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Ho